Welcome to the BDO-RIG email listserv of the Germans from Russia
Heritage Society (GRHS). Please save this message for future reference. This
list is powered by Mailman, which is managed through a web-based interface, and
is operated in accordance with the by-laws of the GRHS.
This mailing list is provided by the Germans from Russia Heritage
Society. This is a closed list, meaning membership is by INVITATION ONLY.
We welcome "GUESTS" (those who are not members of GRHS yet) to join our listserv on
a trial basis of one (1) year. At the end of the year, if the "guest" has not yet joined
the GRHS, they will be automatically unsubscribed. We hope that everyone finds membership
in the GRHS a valuable resource in your family history research. Information about the GRHS
and how to join can be found at http://www.grhs.org/aboutus/aboutus.html
We hope that your association with this research discussion group
will be fruitful and enjoyable. We recognize the need to bring together those
people interested in the collection, publication and preservation of our heritage
as Germans from Russia. We will foster the preservation of folklore, songs,
literature, objects of art, genealogies, photos, documents and all applicable
records and do all the other necessary work to carry out the objectives of GRHS
and the BDO RIG.
If you are researching the families of the Beresan area of South Russia and would like to become a member of this listserv, please contact
for an invitation to join. Please state what GR surnames and/or villages you are researching.
When you receive your invitation, please follow the directions contained in the message
about your self-introduction. Once that's received, we'll get you signed on! List members are reminded
that this list may not be used for profit and is restricted to GRHS members and guests.
|Valerie Renner Ingram|
Posts to the BDO mailing list should be made to:
If you experience any problems with the listserv, please contact the List Administrator:
|Bob Ell at |
I. PURPOSE OF LISTSERV:
- -- A. Provide an online electronic medium for sharing BDO information
and research experiences.
- -- B. Cultivate an awareness and appreciation of our BDO ancestor's
- -- C. Educate members while supporting all BDO team efforts and projects.
- -- D. Foster cooperation among BDO researchers.
- -- E. Organize BDO researchers who have a heritage incident to the BDO
- -- F. Coordinate and share general information which will help to
reconstruct the history of the BDO Colonies and our many families that lived
-- A. Possible topics of discussion:
- -- * BDO Family history
- -- * BDO Village & Parish histories
- -- * BDO Projects
- -- * BDO Records Retrieval efforts and projects (from archives in
Russia, Ukraine, USA, Canada and any other places records of interest may
- -- * BDO oriented news from the American Historical Society of Germans
from Russia (AHSGR, Lincoln, Nebraska)
- -- * BDO oriented news from the Germans from Russia Heritage Society
(GRHS,Bismarck, North Dakota)
- -- * BDO oriented news from the Germans from Russia Heritage Collection
(North Dakota State University Libraries, Fargo, North Dakota)
- -- * New book (BDO oriented) announcements and reviews
- -- * BDO oriented news from Canada, United States, Germany and the
former Soviet Union
- -- * BDO oriented Workshops, newsletters, seminars, conferences, and
- -- * Conventions of major organizations
- -- * Anything that concerns BDO GR Research
-- B. Writings should be thoughtful, clear, concise, and relevant to all. A
little extra effort will enhance the overall operation of the list. That
is not to say that we must make it perfect, but we should strive to make it
easy for others to understand our communications. Brevity with readability
should be a goal for us all.(See Guidelines under item VI below)
-- A. The list is private and moderated, requiring the highest standard of
decorum. Thoughtful, energetic, rational, and passionate discussion is welcome
and encouraged. Members must refrain from rudeness and personal attacks on
others. The list is primarily intended for BDO researchers.
-- B. The list operates on the principle of 'not for profit' research and
as such 'For profit' commercial activities are not permitted.
The following abbreviations and thoughts for standardizing our usage of the
list will help all who are or become members;
Text of e-mail
- Use all CAPs for surnames only
- Does it define the subject of the body of the e-mail?
- Use all CAPs for surnames only
- Make sure we can tell who is sending the e-mail
- dd mm year
- 01 Feb 1876 (example)
Queries - common data
- name, Surname in caps
- birth date & place
- marriage (optional if appropriate) date & place
- death (same as marriage)
A. List of the Beresan villages and daughter colonies (* on those with GRHS
This list of villages is not all inclusive!
|Ch. Athelental||Ch. Hansa||Ch. Hornbacher|
|Ch. Kary||Ch. Keller||Ch. Kupper|
|Ch. Ochsner||Ch. Poppen||Ch. Sattler|
|Esslinger||Felsenburg *||Friedenheim *|
|Gruenfeld||Güldendorf *||Gut Anton|
|Gut Ihly||Gut Kary||Gut Meuchel|
|Gut Reisenhauer||Gut Schardt||Gut Zimmermann|
|Netschajonnoje||Neu Karlsruhe *||Neu Katarinental|
|Neu Lustdorf *||Neu München||Neu Neusatz|
|Neu Odessa||Neu Petersburg||Neu Rastadt|
|Neu Rohrbach *||Neu Speyer/Speier *||Neu Worms|
|Neudorf *||Neusatz *||Novo-Amerika|
|Rastadt *||Roemmich||Rohrbach *|
|Rosenfeld *||Rosenheim||Rosenthal *|
|Stuttgart *||Sulz *||Swenigorodka|
|Zweifel|| || |
|Dale L. Wahl||*deceased*|